Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Bong Connection and surprises

So, the last few days I have been bugging DH to take me to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, but no luck yet. :-) I'm still holding out hope for sometime this week or this weekend.

Anyways, I am pretty sure he was sick of me nagging him to take me out, so he said, I want to watch "The Bong Connection" so look and see if you can find it. I'm quite used to him requesting strange movies, so I didn't ask, I just looked, and upon finding nothing (since this was like the second time I had searched for it) he asked me where the nearest Planet M (since we have a membership card there and get a discount, plus we rack up points!) we found out that there was one close by on Prince Anwar Shah Road. We assumed it was in the South City Mall, so off we went.



Well, we didn't locate the Planet M, but instead, mainly because the mall was closing, we went to the Starmark and purchased the movie.

The movie was a decent movie, not my favorite by far, but decent. We were watching, and I was feeling bored, and sleepy. Although, I was enjoying the fact that I had visited some of the places that were being shown in the movie, such as Flury's and the Park Street area, especially a well known pub, Someplace Else (SPE).

All of a sudden, I see people I KNOW IN THIS MOVIE!!! They are the members of the band, Cassini's Division. The members of this band happen to be friends of ours, and one is our neighbor! Talk about exciting! I turned to DH and asked him why he didn't tell me! He told me, I'm good at keeping things a surprise. :-) Talk about making my night!


So, DH had decided to watch the movie because he wanted to surprise me with the fact that our friends were in the movie.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait til the English version comes to Lucknow so we can see it. Hopefully that will be before we leave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jessica,

    I watched it with english subtitles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgettable movie. the only thing i feel worth remembering about is this song by SHAAN at someplace else.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIvwV92zBEo

    ReplyDelete

Father in law...Final Day

FIL has passed away. He had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer before the Durga Puja holidays and we then pursued another opinion befo...