Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Blog name

I'm betting a lot of people are probably wondering about the name of this blog and how it came to be.

So I'll explain how it came to be. I had told DH that I wanted to write an anonymous blog (I love the freedom it gives me to express what I want to say without worrying about anybody knowing who I am...) but I couldn't figure out a good name for it. He suggested chanacoffee, and at first I decided I didn't like that name as it sounded like a website for hot drinks.

After talking with The Bad Bhabi and going over numerous name ideas, some of which I liked, but the DH didn't and so on. I decided to just stick to chanacoffee.

The explanation DH gave me about the name was because Indians are equated with cha (tea)...or at least my husband is...and Americans coffee (strangely enough, I can only stand the cold coffee...)!!

So then chanacoffee was born!! :)

8 comments:

  1. It's certainly a unique name - and I am certainly pro-coffee and pro-chai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name, funny but my being Swiss people also assumed I prefered coffee LOL, in fact I'm a tea junkie and actually don't like coffee much unless it's a heavily doctored latte or cappucino or a cold coffee. I do ok with the Indian chai but in general I don't like the taste of milk, so I get my tea black with no milk no sugar and own a colection of flavours and type of tea that puzzles DH :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cyn,

    I agree, I don't personally like the dudh (milk) tea, I prefer the darjeeling liquor tea that we make at home. =]

    - S

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you visit a bengali home, they usually ask u 'cha na coffee' or what would the guest like to drink?

    It's a sweet way of welcoming guests to ur site.

    Although only Bengalis would be familiar with those words and underlying meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Andy

    exactly! my husband is bengali, and therefore I am a bengali! :) thats why the name is what it is!

    - S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know what the blog name means. I actually had some guess that it must mean something to the extent of "do you want coffee?"...so I was pretty close. :-) ANd I definitely have to second what Gori Girl said about being pro-coffee and pro-chai. I love making mine with not too much milk and sugar. To be really great, it needs to have cardamom seeds and lots of ginger in it for me! :-) Supposedly I make a pretty great chai, although since I can't make much else, maybe Dak's family just says that to be nice. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Aman,

    DH created it so it would be a reference to both Indian and American "stereotypes" :)

    I make darjeeling tea with sugar and no milk. Although, I prefer mine with extra sugar (I'm the only one in the house...) and am always teasing DH that if he doesn't behave that my hand will "accidentally" slip over his cup, and thus his tea will be extra sugary. LOL

    - S

    ReplyDelete

Father in law...Final Day

FIL has passed away. He had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer before the Durga Puja holidays and we then pursued another opinion befo...